Killer Canopy

 I know you all have been checking hourly to see the new counters so I apologize for the delay. We had to bust out the bottom two rows of tile to get the granite in, so I wanted to fix that first. I decided it would be better to make you wait than to post 'look at the pretty counter tops, but avert your eyes from the horrible backsplash' pictures. I spent a few hours gazing at our fancy-pants new counters, then it was back to work to get that tile fixed.
  But to make sure the delay doesn't make you block me from your Facebook feed and your life, I have a room update. I had another idea for Lucy's room. The girl needed a canopy for her bed. I learned my lesson from the lampshade and made sure she was involved in the project from the beginning to ensure an approved end product. I showed her pictures of canopies. She picked out the color and painted the wood brackets. She approved the fabric choice. I offered to let her help sew. I even made sure there were butterflies this time. She was so excited about it when it was finished ... and then she spent the next week sleeping on her bed like this because she was afraid of the canopy.

After a lot of convincing that it was screwed on tightly and wouldn't fall and kill her in the middle of the night she now feels safe enough to sleep correctly. The new bed helped a little too.

Comments

Popular Posts