Here comes the bride.

Remember when I did house projects and blogged about them? That was fun. My 3 person audience is probably down to 1 now (thanks Mom for sticking with it). After hanging pictures a few weeks ago, I packed 4 suitcases, endured a 3 hr. wrestling match with Deacon at 35,000 feet, landed in Boston, got 4,000 mosquito bites, and remembered that humidity makes me want to punch someone.. all in the name of love. In between itching and wrestling, my little family had the pleasure of being a part of the beautiful wedding of my sister in law Stephanie and her John. Everything was perfect. No humidity for the outdoor nuptials so I wasn't forced to punch the bride on her wedding day, I'm pretty sure that's considered bad luck. Colin was brave enough to walk his ring box down the aisle without tears. Lucy waited until the last prayer to have a pee emergency so we could sneak out while everyone's eyes were closed. My sandal strap waited until after the ceremony to break. Deacon's diaper waited until after the pictures to leak and I miraculously had a matching and fitting outfit in his diaper bag. There was an ice cream sundae bar at the reception. Everything was perfect. I, of course, didn't take a single picture of all of us in our finery, but I have a few wedding related pictures that will have to do.

rehearsal 

Colin designed and made the ring box. The minifigures were holding the rings. 



who is this 14 yr old pretending to be my Lucy?


I made Lucy's flower girl basket. 





















reception tent

Happy Wedding Day!

After the mushy love stuff, we spent the rest of the week undecorating the wedding site and doing Bostonian things like drinking Sam Adams, booing the Yankees and pahking the cah in Hahvard Yahd.

I am probably not going to do a house project this week before I leave again. I am heading to Arizona to hopefully be a part of the birth of my newest niece. I promise to do better and photo document every juicy detail of it for you. That's cool, right Caitlin?

Comments

Popular Posts