Front and Back

There has been little progress outside. I got an outdoor 'oops' paint at Lowes a few weeks ago. I painted my house number and a small blob next to the front door. I may paint the trim around the whole house at some point. Or I might make my 8 year old do it. He is basically PP Jr. so it would likely turn out better than if I did it myself.
I also sort of changed the outside light. I had this fantastic idea to turn a large candle holder thing into an outdoor light. It didn't work. It looks stupid. It needs to be changed but PP is in charge of electricals and he went and had his tonsils removed. Apparently, Hydrocodone and electrical work aren't a good combination. Nice excuse.

There was also a little progress in the backyard. I (PP once the drugs wore off) extended the patio. There used to be an above ground pool in the backyard but we had the previous owners take it out before we bought the place. They left all the surrounding wood planks in a pile along with a ton of sand and river rocks so I put it to good use.



The extra space makes the back patio a little more functional for when the weather doesn't make me want to cuss. I should probably stain the picnic table and I'll need a new umbrella. I need to evict the mouse living in the gate post at some point too; he's way behind on his rent. Maybe I'll throw out the old broken screen door too, instead of just leaving it propped up against the house. I don't want to make it too fancy out there, though.

Comments

Popular Posts