prepping the new digs

The tenants have finally been evicted from my house so the kids and I hopped on a plane and spent a few days ripping out carpet and painting the 25ft. walls downstairs. I figured those jobs would be way easier to accomplish without furniture or flooring to worry about. You know what else would be easier? Paying someone else to do it. Or even just living with brown walls and 17 year old carpet filled with someone else's dead skin and dirt.




I am also preparing for a DITY (do it yourself, for you non-military readers) move next month. Instead of letting the military pay professionals to pack my junk, drive it west and then unpack it all while I sit on my rear drinking mojitos, I am going to do it myself. Why? Why do I do the things I do? I think it boils down to one-part cheapskate, one-part control-freak and 20% boredom. I have to admit that I am paying someone to remove all the tile downstairs. I feel so lazy.

P.S. Please send empty boxes and mojitos.

Comments

Popular Posts