hallway to hell

I seem to have gotten over my little decorating slump. I guess the first step to recovery was indeed admitting that I had a problem. I still haven't hung any pictures, but baby steps. The dark brown walls and nearly useless sconces gave the upstairs hallway a decidedly cave-like feeling that needed to change. The picture makes it look way better than it really did.

 My plan was three-fold: paint the walls, make the cabinets look more like a piece of furniture and less like a weird set of cabinets that got lost on its way to the kitchen and add more and better lighting. I love it when a plan works.



I am very excited for these new sconces. They will replace the white one there now and go on either side of the top shelf as soon as my electrician has time to install them.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Jeteven Retro Vintage Industrial Steel Swing Arm Wall Sconce Light Lamp Shade for E27 Bulbs Silver                            
 Is there anything more fun than styling bookshelves? I will likely rearrange them another 7,000 times and enjoy every minute of it.

Said bookshelves are a pair of bi-fold doors that I found at my new favorite store. It is called Stardust and it is a hot and dirty warehouse filled with old cabinets, doors, appliances and all sorts of random junk people have ripped out of their houses. It is a warehouse full of possibilities and it is fantastic.

Comments

Popular Posts