all about the base*

You know what's sad? Well, lots of things, especially these days, but this is a renovation blog so I am talking about wimpy baseboards. Wimpy baseboards are so sad looking. You could put down gorgeous flooring made out of unicorn horns and pixie dust, but if you finish it off with wimpy, skinny baseboards, your floors will look like unicorn poop instead. Baseboards should be tall and chunky, like the perfect... ummm.. I was going to say man, but that just seems weird.

The previous owners put down ugly floors and topped them with pathetic baseboards. A double-sad-flooring whammy. I took care of the ugly floors a couple months ago and finally finished installing the baseboards last week. I think they do a great job of finishing the room and dressing it up a bit. My new baseboards are tall, clean, bright and definitely not wimpy- just like the perfect man.



* In order to maintain my street cred, I need to make it known that I do not condone the listening of pop music or the song referenced in my title. I have never listened to the song, but remembered it being mentioned awhile ago and couldn't think of another title. Listen to rock 'n roll, people!

Comments

Popular Posts