2nd first impression

First impressions matter, or so they say. Before today, the first impression I got when I came home was "Get to work, house servant." Now it's more like " Welcome, take off your shoes and relax on this bench while I make you a drink and listen to how your day was." It is well documented that I am a terrible blogger and didn't take a before picture of the space, so you will just have to use your imagination. Pictures chores instead of a cozy welcome and you will get the idea.


I also don't have a before picture of this space because this room didn't exist before. I guess technically it existed, I'm not a magician. Behind the wallpaper wall is my closet. It used to be 14 feet long. Even I don't need a closet that big so I stole half of it to make the laundry room. I'm not a magician, but I am a thief.





I'm still a house servant so the laundry room is one of my most frequented destinations, but now I almost enjoy being in here. The best part is I'm not smacked in the face with all my dirty clothing responsibilities the moment I walk in the door. The other best part is that I can shut that door and pretend I have no responsibilities at all... for like 12 seconds. 



Comments

Popular Posts