kitchens are my jam

I enjoy a good kitchen remodel. Maybe it is because I spend 90% of my life there? Hopefully there is a less depressing reason, but the point is, I like remodeling kitchens. I recently finished a kitchen for a client. She couldn't be happier with the outcome.. ergo, neither can I. 

As you can see, the kitchen is huge with tons of storage and counter space. But it was dark and dated and a total bummer. The black, shiny counters were impossible to keep clean and streak free, so those were for sure being changed. The cabinets, though, were a debate.  I wasn't convinced that they needed to be changed. When I replaced the floors last year, I picked them based on how well they worked with the reddish cabinets. 


We decided to make the final decision once the new counters and backsplash were in place. In the end, just the island was painted and I think it was a great choice. I can always go back and paint the cabinets later, but I think the warm wood makes the kitchen cozier. Plus, it is a whole lot less work to not do something than to do it.  I'll leave you with that little nugget of wisdom and more pictures. 












Comments

Popular Posts