welcome to my living room

I am elbow deep in boxes here. I can see the end of the unpacking road but it is still miles away. I thought that I did a good job of purging in England, but it seems like every third box is full of random crap that needs to go straight to Goodwill. One of my favorite parts of unpacking is opening 15 sheets of packing paper to find one Lego inside. Thank you packers for protecting a nearly indestructible plastic toy while also using my wedding dress to absorb any possible leakage from the extra shampoo bottles in the toiletries box. Anyway, before we moved in I made a 4 page list of all the things I want to do to the house. I'll start with the living room.
BEFORE

Living Room
-          Paint baseboards/trim
-          Paint built-in bookshelves
-          Remove built-in wet bar
-          Remove upper bookshelf doors
-          Paint/tile fireplace
-          Drywall upper fireplace
-          Update mantel
-          Remove skylight covers
-          Drywall window to sunroom
-          Paint walls
-          Replace light fixture
       Remove popcorn from ceiling
-          Remove doors to hallways
-          Remove door hardware to sun room
-          Paint paneling

So there is a lot of wood that needs to be painted. And a lot of bricks that need to be painted. And a lot of walls and ceilings to be painted. That's a lot of painting... maybe we should leave that wet bar for now. 

Comments

Popular Posts