Popcorn! Get your popcorn here!

We closed on our house on Friday! I forgot to take a picture because I am still getting used to this whole blogging thing. So instead I recreated the signing in Microsoft Paint. The re-creation took longer to make than the actual event. I hope you appreciate my dedication to you blog readers.

 After we closed, we ate lunch. Then we packed our stuff and said ‘adios’ to the TLF and moved our suitcases to the new place. Our household goods don’t get here until Monday so we figured this would be a good time to remove the popcorn from every room in the house. What a fun weekend activity. If you have never done it, it’s a super messy but fairly easy process- spray water on the ceiling, let it sit for a few minutes, scrape off, repeat for 10 hours until you are covered in an inch of plaster dust and your hands are so sore that you can’t hold your fork at dinner. On Saturday we finished 3 out of 4 bedrooms, the dining room, the entry, 1 out 3 bathrooms and the laundry room, and then we slept. After church today we did the living room and the master bedroom. The other two bathrooms will have to wait. And when I say messy, I mean messy. I have mopped the living room floor 47 times and it still is not clean.
Me in my professional popcorn removal gear- AKA my jammies 

smmmoooooottttthhhh

anybody want a box of popcorn? this is about 1/2 of what was removed, the other half is now coating my lungs
But now the ceilings are smooth and ready to be painted (anybody want to come do that for me?) and the house is ready to receive its goods tomorrow. I haven’t sat on my own couch for 2 months, so that will be fun. Fingers crossed the truck doesn’t crash on the way here scattering our stuff along I-44!

Comments

  1. Popcorn removal sounds miserable but yay for progress!! Looks good -- and your Microsoft Paint drawing is the best. Good laugh, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that job sounds horrible. but so worth it! I'd do it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a baby drowning in the corner of your Painting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts