Dry Clean Only

If you didn't guess from the title, the laundry room is the latest room to succumb to my decorating energy. Other than the clothesline wallpaper border it was a pretty blank slate.

For all sorts of reasons this room took way longer to complete than I was hoping. You may recall that when we first moved in we spent 4 excruciating days removing the popcorn from all the ceilings followed by 2 weeks of irritatingly redundant painting and sanding to make them smooth. There is only so much irritatingly redundant ceiling work a girl can do before she goes crazy. Before I hit crazy I stopped, and the laundry room ceiling has been naked ever since. Therefore, that was the first step in the laundry room renovation. I have not recovered from the previous ceilings so I let PP handle it. I also let him take down the cupboards above the washing machine and move the washer and dryer away from the wall so I could fold myself into a pretzel to paint behind them. I am a slave driver so PP wasn't done yet. I also had him change the light and hang a shelf and some hooks. Then I finally did some work and painted the doors, baseboards, walls, hardware and cabinets. The final results are fantastic.


The laundry room is bright and cheerful and welcomes me home each time I walk in the door. It almost makes me like doing laundry. It doesn't make me like folding socks, though, so I still make Colin do it. I make my kids do all the jobs I don't want to do, like checking the mail, mopping the kitchen floor, and dusting... isn't that why people have kids? 

Comments

Popular Posts