lazy blogger

Before I became a professional blogger I used to get so annoyed when my favorite blogs weren't updated everyday. I mean, how could these people not come up with beautiful, creative ways to DIY the heck out of their house on a daily basis? What was their problem? Now that I am an international blogging sensation I realize that they are lazy... you thought I was going to say that I realize how hard it is to be consistently creative and also come up with sarcastic descriptions for your genius ideas didn't you? I could totally re-purpose (add that to the list of annoying blog phrases along with  "upcycle" and "pop of color") a pallet with some pipe cleaners and spray paint or use old books to make a coffee mug, but I don't because I am lazy. If I have extra time I want to use it to eat half-priced Halloween candy and watch Call the Midwife. I am not worried about angering my four readers who might remember that I have a blog that I occasionally update. On Friday, though, I ate all my Twix and caught up on Season 3 so I had no choice but to do something creative and since I can't just let my creativity go unannounced, my friends, here is a blog post!

Deacon's room had a minor makeover a few months ago when I was feeling painty and made him some animal pictures. Last week I repainted the walls and moved a few things around.
Deacon's room before:



After:








Deacon is so pleased with the results he likes to wake me up three times a night to thank me. The final update will include crown molding and a wooden rocking chair instead of the pink velvet wing back. You can expect that as soon as I have eaten all the leftover apple pie and finished re-watching Pushing Daisies.

P.S. Happy Thanksgiving... please send me your leftover apple pie.

Comments

Popular Posts