three cheers for isopropyl

Seven-ish years ago I bought a new couch. Two-ish days ago I deep cleaned it for the first time. I know, I know.. let's all say it together.. EWWWW! I have cleaned the spots of food and occasional spit up and urine, but it's never gotten an all over scrub down. With three kids, it is just going to get dirty again, why waste my time?

The same principal applies for mopping the kitchen floor. I could spend an hour on my hands and knees scrubbing tiles once a week, but two minutes later Lucy will just spill milk on it. So I will just spot clean it or give Lucy a rag and make her do it until it's been so long that things start to grow. Then, maybe, I will get the mop out to scrub it.

Anyway, back to the couch. Seven years of drool, pee, spit up and who knows what else finally grossed me out enough to give it a good cleaning. Thanks to my favorite sister-in-law's suggestion and a who-knows-how-it-got-in-my-cupboard bottle of rubbing alcohol, I now have a clean couch.





Feel free to stop by and have a sit. While you're here you can mop my kitchen floor. 

Comments

  1. Great job
    Looks beautiful
    Maybe i should look into cleaning mine. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts