My House hates me

You may recall a few months ago that my ENTIRE house flooded and I endured 6 long weeks of construction to put it back together. One flood is enough in my book, but this house is a jerk. One night recently I noticed there was a large puddle on the kitchen counter and water dripping from the cabinets. Awesome! Turns out the air conditioner wasn't draining correctly and was leaking from the attic. Thankfully, PP was able to fix it before we left for our 2 week trip the next day.Crisis averted! Or so I thought.

Two weeks later, it's 3:30 am and I get home from a 4 hr flight followed by a 2 hr drive to find that the dishwasher has leaked all over the kitchen. AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

But wait, it gets worse. A couple days (and a new dishwasher) later I noticed that parts of the floor in the living room and school room are kind of bubbling and warping. A little investigative work by PP and we discover that when the nice contractors fixed my house a few months ago they also screwed the air conditioner vent cover thingy into a pipe and it has been slowly leaking since March. Half of the living room and school room floors need to be ripped up and redone. Insert a whole lot of cussing and throwing things.

You thought that was it, huh? Oh no. I got a call yesterday from the contractor. The wood floors that we put in are now discontinued. Fantastic! I have three choices... tear out and replace all the floors (because that was so much fun the first time); use the floors from my bedroom to fix the broken floors and pick something new to replace them; or get a match and teach this stupid house a lesson.

Bottom line- don't buy a house with indoor plumbing. It really isn't worth the trouble.

Comments

Popular Posts