pink slip

Kids have the worst taste. Parents, don't let your kids pick paint colors. You will end up with bright pink striped walls. And then the next owner of your house will spend 3 or 4 hours cursing you as they prime and paint over them.

I wanted to give D a room that can grow with him so in 5 years I am not cursing myself as I repaint it. The pale walls will work with anything as his tastes (as if he has any) change.





I am really digging the vintage antiquey vibe going on in here. Almost everything has a story to go with it. The bed is part of a set of furniture that belonged to my dad's uncle. There is a matching dresser that I am hoping to steal from my parents' house without them noticing. The cuckoo clock is from a European family trip that PP took as a kid and the little rocking chair belonged to his mom when she was a little girl. I got the puzzles-turned artwork from an antique store in Texas. The wood artwork is from branches in our neighborhood in England. Even the bookshelf nightstand is from a pallet I found on the side of the road. Obviously, D couldn't care less about any of that because, as I said before, kids have the worst taste. 

Comments

Popular Posts