the ol' switcheroo

The hallway fix-up helped to get my decorating mojo flowing a little, but I was still feeling stuck with my bedroom and the family room. Forty-five minutes staring off into space at the top of the stairs was just what I needed for the inspiration to strike. I needed to swap everything.

The beach picture that hung in the kitchen in my other house (you can read about it here) is probably my favorite. I thought I would hang it in my bedroom and try to make the room an 'oasis,' if you will, where I could relax and dream about the ocean. Ha. I'm not sure whose life I thought I had, but I got my sanity back and realized that if I ever wanted to see that picture it needed to be in sight of the kitchen sink.
I recently acquired the white chairs from someone my dad knows. I am 90% sure he asked before he took them. I will reupholster them at some point and add art, curtains and decorations to both rooms, but the rug and furniture swap led to a clearer view of my decorating path. And, if nothing else gets done, I will just stare at my beach picture and pretend I am not washing dishes.. again.

Comments

Popular Posts