step by step

I normally don't stay in a house long enough to make it worth my time to invest in major landscaping projects, but since I plan on living here for a long time and then haunting it once I die, I want to make my backyard a nice place to spend time.



A giant cracked concrete slab, dead grass and dirt is not really my style. The first step was to remove all the concrete. A 10 lb sledge hammer and safety glasses is all it took to do this.
Once the concrete was gone, there were a bunch more steps like digging, leveling the ground, laying a bunch of sand and rocks down, and stomping on it with a big metal stomper thing. After all those boring but important steps, I finally got to the fun part, making two new patios.




The patios are phase 1 of the backyard beautification process. Plants are coming next. I am hoping to get the whole thing done soon so I can use it once or twice before it gets too hot to go outside without melting into a pile of goo. It is supposed to be 86 here next week. I better hurry. 

Comments

Popular Posts