Time is not on my side

Remember how a couple weeks ago I said I would paint the rest of the cabinets some time later this week? What I meant to say was I would try and finish painting them sometime this month or possibly before the summer. Half of the uppers have actually been painted for a week or so. They look so bright and clean and not yellow. I was waiting until the rest of them were painted before I posted pictures, but seeing as that is taking a long time, here is how they look.

 The reason it has taken awhile to get the cabinets done is three-fold. First, the 3 small people that live here require me to feed them and generally meet their every need. The spoiled little things want attention too, especially the smallest one. Secondly, we went out of town, twice. Thirdly, the lid to the primer was full of paint and too hard for me to get off and by the time Tim got home each day I was too tired to paint. But, we are back from our trips, Tim opened the primer and the small ones can fend for themselves so I am at it again today.
This is the current state of the kitchen. A huge mess, but a big improvement from the yellow. You know you picked a bad paint color when one streaky coat of primer is an improvement.  I would like to believe the previous owners chose the color based on a dare and not because they actually liked it but I suppose there are people out there that let the contents of their infant's diaper be the color inspiration for their kitchen.



There is a lot of painting yet to be done, but I, Laurel, promise you three readers that I will finish all the  cabinets and walls, before this time next week... or at least by my next birthday.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts