Why the heck not?

You know how when you make one part of something pretty it highlights the non-pretty part? Like when you color your hair and all of a sudden your face looks ridiculous. That was the case in my kitchen. One side of the kitchen- amazing, gorgeous, outstanding. The other side- eww, yuck, blech. I didn't want the two sides of my kitchen not to match anymore. It was time to take the 1986 out of our kitchen table. We got the table at a garage sale, for free, about 7 years ago. It was time. The table is big and sturdy and it has a drawer in the base which is cool, even though I have never actually put anything in it. I decided to stain the top the same color as the cabinets.



It was time for the kitchen benches to undergo a makeover as well. PP built these benches about 5 years ago. They were a lovely shade of green with a subtle dried oatmeal and applesauce finish. It was their time too. I decided on the blue from Colin's room and got to sanding and priming and painting and sweating in the 4,000 degree Texas sun.

While I was sweating and painting I had an epiphany or maybe heat stroke and decided that the table base and bottom few inches of the bench legs need to be gold. At first I thought that would be crazy, I mean, I was trying to update the table would gold be a good idea? Then I said out loud, "why the heck not?!" It would be fun.

I am generally a very practical person and I hate it. Lately I have been trying to say "why the heck not?!" more often. So, when PP rolls his eyes and asks why, I just say "why the heck not?!" Dessert for breakfast? Why the heck not? Make a giant shark head for a birthday party? Why the heck not? Paying full price for something.. well, let's not get crazy. I am still 87% practical, but I'm working on lowering that percentage and if gold spray paint does it for me then why the heck not? Check out the final result.
the kids were napping so I figured I would set the table one time- it will never look this way again







Comments

Popular Posts