Keep the Change.

  One of my problems  adorable habits is that I get excited about a project and I just start without thinking it out all the way. Then a few days, weeks, or hours later I say to myself, "self, what is wrong with you? That looks ridiculous!" and then I have to change it immediately.. without thinking it out all the way.. and then a few days, weeks, or hours later... well you get the picture. I do the same thing when I get ready in the morning. I leave the house thinking "I am a total babe" and then catch a glimpse in the mirror later and think   "Was I drunk when I got dressed today?"
   After living with the new counters and backsplash for a few weeks I decided I don't like it. It was just too dark and boring. Time to change it. So I grabbed the roller of white paint from the fridge, because that's where we keep them, and painted the tile, again, for the 5th time. Before I posted the final kitchen pictures the tiles had already gone through a few makeovers. I started with primer. Then tried light gray with white grout. Then some light gray and some dark gray with dark gray grout. Then all dark gray. Now they look like this.

yes, that is a pair of Colin's underwear on the counter.. we're pretty classy around here 



I really like the bright white tile. I think it looks fresh and clean. I am not sold on the grout though. It might be too busy. For now I am probably not going to change it. Probably not. But maybe. I have a problem.

Comments

Popular Posts