A New Room for an Old Boy.

We spent the last few days working on Colin's room. This is how it looked when we moved in.

He didn't mind the primed but not painted crown molding or the half removed chair rail or the light baby poop walls, but I thought we could probably make it a little better. I was inspired by this pub we had lunch at in Northern Ireland.


I loved the clean white walls with a pop of color. This was also the pub where I had my first taste of Guinness. Never mind the fact that I was 8 months pregnant, when in Ireland, you drink Guinness. It was gross, but it needed to be done.
Anyhoo.. back to Colin's room. He liked my plan so we went to Lowe's to pick out paint. The 'oops' paint fairies were good to me and left me a can of the perfect blue for Colin and light tan for Deacon's room. I LOVE 'oops' paint! Getting a $35 gallon of paint for $5 makes my bargain shopping self happy. Go get yourself some! Unless you live in my city, then go to a different city and get some. So, fueled by Chinese food, we got to work. We moved furniture and toys (paying special attention to the Legos) removed the rest of the molding, primed, painted, ate Chinese leftovers, changed outlets, got a new fan, painted a little more, moved the furniture back, hung some pictures and this is what we're left with.



































I love it, but more importantly, Colin loves it. If you know him at all you know that the PP genes run strong in him too, so if it wasn't up to his standards, we would have a problem. Most importantly, though, the Legos are back in their correct location so all is well in PP Jr.'s world.

Comments

Popular Posts