Hangin' Stuff

A couple of weeks we had a friend from church come over and take pictures of us. It has been 4 years and 1 more baby since we had professional pictures taken. I'm telling you this because it turns out we are pretty cute and I want to show you the pictures.
 






Also, I have been waiting to hang pictures in the living room until I had new family pictures to hang. A blank painted wall is pretty... pretty boring. I have heard there are people in the world who make templates of the pictures they plan to hang and tape them on the wall and move them around until they look right and then only put a few nails in the walls with no mistakes. Those people are lame. Lame, but maybe wise. I decided to try it out. I might be getting old but I can learn new tricks. So, I traced my pictures, I taped them up, I moved them around for an hour. When I finally figured out the right layout I started nailing... paying absolutely no attention to the Christmas paper templates taped to the wall. Turns out I can't even follow a plan when I try.




I've spent the last few weeks looking at/criticizing the walls and telling myself that I need to just get used to it, but I generally don't listen so we'll see if I can leave it alone. 

Comments

Popular Posts