School Room

The balloons and streamers have been taken down, the shark is in the recycle bin and we  I ate all the leftover birthday cake so it is time to move on to the next project. The school/play/dining room had the last remaining gold paint and brown paneling. Here it was on move-in day.

I thought about trying to update the chandelier with some paint and maybe some wooden beads or something so I wouldn't have to spend a couple hundred dollars for a new one. But, the thrift store elves left me this beauty for $50, so I went with the no-work required option. Well, no work for me. PP had to remove the old monstrosity and put in the new pretty one. The white shade sort of goes with the white shade light in the entry. It's almost like I planned it or something.
 I spent 6 nap times painting and 43 hours contemplating furniture arrangement and here is the room now. 

My favorite thing in the room is the world map. I got it for $20 in North Carolina at an elementary school furniture sale. It is from 1956. So is my mom. The map and my mom are vintage. Not old, Mom, vintage. 
At the same sale I also got these chairs, this bookcase and this filing cabinet. There were these fantastic 10 ft. long library tables and benches that I wanted too, but they wouldn't fit in my car and it turns out I don't have a library. 

The bookshelf needs to be refinished and so does the little shelf in the corner, but that is a non-priority project for a rainy day and since we are in a drought it might be a while. 

Comments

Popular Posts