Shark Attack!

We had a couple birthdays in our house this week. I turned 32 (I like shoes if you forgot to get me something) and 3 days later my sweet little baby Colin turned 7. Seven!! I know all parents say this, but how in the world did he get so old?! It seems like he was just born and now he is getting tall and skinny and filling out his application for the Lego Master Builder Academy. I keep telling him to stop getting older. He claims he can't. I think he just doesn't want to. Anyway, what better way to celebrate being 7 than with a shark birthday party. Here's the breakdown-
The invitations.

Birthday shirt. I don't do scrapbooks, I make t-shirts. 

Games. We set up some games in the backyard. The kids had to put on goggles and arm floaties (safety first) and get into the ocean and find the shark, rescue the swimmer by throwing an inner tube over her head, and throw bean bag fish to the shark. They spent most of the time splashing in the pool and throwing water balloons at each other. 






 Food. Only the best for my kids. Organic $5 pizza. Free range Goldfish crackers. Locally and responsibly (probably) grown pineapple. Gluten and dairy-free Cheetos. Vegan jello cups. Capri Suns bottled from a spring in the mountains of Cloud Cuckoo Land.

Cake.  I try to make something spectacular, but usually end up with a mildly recognizable creation and a stomachache from eating too much frosting. This year I made a shark. If this was Lucy's birthday I could put a candle on top of a pile of cake with a bit of glitter and she would love it. Colin is a little harder to please. If I am going to make a shark cake that sucker better look like a shark. I did my best to meet his high standards. 


Guests. 

 

There was nice sunny weather, cake was eaten, games were played, presents were opened and fun was had by all. It was a success.. until the shark ate Colin.  





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts