Entre!


I remembered a few other tips for successful projects.

1. Crank up the tunes. Disney songs work the best for two reasons- one, it keeps the kids happy and two, it's hard to get bummed about the minutiae of painting 4 coats of white paint when you're singing "Part of Your World" at the top of your lungs.  Plus, your kids think you're nuts which makes them happy... it's all about keeping them happy. On a side-note, why is it that I haven't seen The Little Mermaid in probably 15 years but I still know every song lyric and most of the dialogue?

2. Be a good multitasker. At one point over the weekend I was simultaneously nursing Deacon, scraping paint splatters off the floor, supervising Lucy's play room clean-up, drinking a latte, explaining to Colin how to start a load of laundry, making dinner, rotating the tires on PP's car, braiding my hair, singing with Ariel and planning our school curriculum for next year.

I hope these tips help with your next home renovation project... or you could be smart and hire someone to do the work while you go get a pedicure.

Oh, and here are the pictures of the entryway.



The counters are being installed on Thursday!!!!!!!! Don't expect a post about them right away, though. I plan to spend the weekend just gazing at them lovingly. 

Comments

Popular Posts