Other People Have The Best Stuff

I love other people's junk. My junk is junky, but other people's junk is awesome. I went to an estate sale this morning. One good thing about this city is there is no shortage of retired (old) people who eventually eternally retire and leave all their junk for me to pick through. I picked up these treasures.

 For $11 I got 15 picture mats, 2 mini wreaths, a Lego sorting tray (I'm sure that is it's intended use), and 2 priceless pieces of dusty artwork. A quick wipe down revealed the expert way the artist captured the beauty of the sun highlighting the magnificent Grand Tetons and the unmatched perfection of a vase with flowers. I will almost be sorry to paint over them.

These are good finds, I mean, who doesn't love the Grand Tetons, but my greatest find was from an estate sale a few months ago. I found this flawless, vintage, fully-lined, 100% cashmere coat.
Look at the button!
 

Thank you J.C. for taking such good care of your coat. 
Picture by Lucy- she also does weddings and christenings. 
I will probably only wear it once a year but it was too fantastic to pass up especially for $2. You read that right, I only paid $2 for this beaut! That's another good thing about estate sales, oftentimes people are ignorant of the value of things and just want to get rid of it. I am not above taking advantage of estate sale ignorance, especially when I get a pretty coat.

Comments

Popular Posts