My Fingers Hurt

I had this good idea the other day that Lucy needed a new lampshade and it needed to be embroidered. So I painted a white shade I had, went to Hobby Lobby bought some embroidery thread, Googled "embroidery patterns", copied it on to my lampshade and got started.


About 2 minutes in to my project I realized that I do not actually know how to embroider anything, let alone a lamp shade, and I probably should have thought out this project a little more. But about 76 hours and the inability to feel the ends of the fingers on my right hand later, I had this.


I would like to tell you that Lucy loves her lampshade so much that every painful moment was worth it....um, her response was something along the lines of "that's great mom, I really wanted butterflies though"... so instead, here's a little something  to make you laugh. 

Comments

Popular Posts