Perfect Shmerfect




Pictures and curtains have been hung in my room. The last time we lived in Texas Tim made these cornice boxes for our room and they happen to fit in this room too. I recovered them and added some extra flair. If the perfectionist in the family had been involved in this project, he would have used a ruler and math and a level. Since the perfectionist was napping, I did it my way. My way involves eye-balling, Legos, mistakes and bad language. 
Don't tell Colin that I used Legos without authorization and for a non-standard reason.  














 If the perfectionist were in charge, they would be perfect, but I don't have the patience for perfect. Perfect is boring. If it was perfect then I wouldn't look at them and think "that 3rd nail is when Deacon heard his first cuss word". My way makes for better stories. 
I am still on the hunt for a new nightstand for Tim so for now he is using Lucy's old dresser. 

We tried to buy a little picture from each country that we visited in Europe while living in England. Clockwise from the top- Gibraltar; Cambridge, UK; Giant's Causeway, Northern Ireland; Keukenhoff, The Netherlands; Brugge, Belgium; Rome, Italy; Mont St. Michel, France; random castles, UK; and Edinburgh, Scotland in the center. 
Can you guess who hung these pictures?

P.S. We bought countertops! You can see them in about 3 weeks. 



Comments

  1. If I did not measure those cornice boxes they would not be the same or even fit on those windows. Perfect shmerfect whatever....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts