Trick or Treat and Get Punched

If you live in America then you know that Halloween is on Friday. If you are a kid, this is exciting for one reason, Trick or Treating...candy!! If you are my kid, you're out of luck. We don't do Halloween. We don't do scary. We don't do candy from strangers. I turn off all the lights in the house and curse anyone who rings my doorbell, especially after the baby is asleep. But, we DO costumes. We do costumes made out of the things I can find in my sewing buckets and closets and kitchen. Most years we have church parties to dress up for. For example-

 Zorro.



George Washington.



Bam Bam.



Gilligan and The Skipper.

This year the big kids have a Bible hero costume night at church. I tried to convince them to be Balaam and his talking donkey, but they are old enough to have opinions and they weren't interested. So, let me introduce you to David and Pharaoh's Daughter.





I do take full advantage of half-price candy at Target the day after Halloween, so I am not a total killjoy. However, the Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny and Santa Claus don't come to my house, so I might be just a little.


Comments

Popular Posts